I'm an Aussie living in Singapore. My interests are pretty broad, but include:
- I am Chief Privacy Officer at TrustSphere where I am responsible for the company's information policy and practices.
- I've made something of a habit of involving myself in the founding of technical-community organisations:
- Amateur Radio
- Environmental monitoring
- Email transport, authentication and abuse reduction
I advise and support multiple entrepreneurs. Particular examples include being mentor to:
- Startup Leadership's Singapore Chapter,
- multiple participating startups in JFDI's Accelerate program, and
- the 2014 run of the DBS-NUS Social Venture Challenge Asia.
- Modern Jive, Salsa, Bachata, ... since about 2000. I was even persuaded to perform and compete a few times in 2009/2010, but now just dance socially.
- Running. I grew up viewing exercise as a form of torture, however in 2008 I discovered that I actually enjoyed distance running.
- Kosciuszko National Park. My favourite place anywhere in the world (and in particular: Illawong Lodge, Perisher Huette and the Main Range Track).
- An abiding interest since high-school which currently manifests itself as an occasional blog post.
Roland is Chief Privacy Officer for TrustSphere where he is responsible for the company's information policy and practices. He is a HackerspaceSG founding member and FOSSASIA organiser, holds a Computer Science degree from UTS, and is an avid dancer, runner, and ham radio operator with a particular interest in space.